Sourthern Comfort Foods
Comfort Foods of the South
© 2011 Spice Delight
VIDEOS TO WATCH
Pan Fried Peaches with Pound Cake & Ice Cream
Makes 2 servings
2 cups peaches, pitted and cut into 8 chunks
2 tablespoons turbinadosugar (sugar in the raw)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1tablespoon unsalted butter
2 slices vanilla pound cake
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
Whipped cream for garnish
1 tablespoon chopped pecans for garnish
2 whole fresh strawberries for garnish
1.Place peaches in a medium size bowl.
2.Mix sugar and cinnamon together
3. Sprinkle sugar mix over peaches; mix well so that sugar mix coats peaches evenly.
4. Heat skillet over medium heat.
5. Add butter; cook peaches for abiut 10 minutes until peaches are caramel in color, stirring occasionally.
6. To assemble dessert, place pound cake on bottom of bowl. Top pound cake with ice cream. Top ice cream with peaches and desired amount of whipped cream.
7. Garnish with pecans and strawberries.
Here's an option to add more flavor and color. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons capers or chopped olives at step 3. Top finished pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.